16 August 2015

Please Don't Stop The Music

2015 and still a good system
When we first moved into our new house in Tennessee, I remember getting a 5 speaker surround sound system. It has a 3 CD (Compact Disc) changer, dual cassette tape (what?), Dolby Surround Pro Logic, AM/FM radio, 3 step dynamic bass boost, subwoofer ready, 5 different preset sound configurations (optimal, jazz, rock, techno, classic), 120 watts, alarm clock, and many buttons...

2005-2006
Throughout the past twenty years, it has moved with me seven times. Proving that it was made with quality in mind. I have never had a problem with it. I have never needed to repair or modify it.

The speaker cabinets are not magnetically shielded, it does not have the bells and whistles of today's technology (no optical out/inputs obviously)... but it still works great. It still sounds great.

It was usually always hooked up to my TV/DVD/console entertainment system. But in my current set-up, my flat TV serves as a 2nd monitor for my computers where I use my, also old, Creative Labs 5.1 surround sound system.

I will keep it as long as I can dance and it plays the music loud.

P.S. It is a Philips Magnavox FW754P Mini HiFi System.

No comments:

Post a Comment