23 October 2012

McKing Burger

I randomly thought about this the other day.

When I was growing up in Arizona, I remember there use to be a McDonald's near a highway overpass.  In fact, I just took the time to check it on Google Maps and the McDonald's is still there (yes, amazingly, I still remember the address).  I don't remember my exact age, but I was under the age of 9.  I remember going to this particular McDonald's in my youth.  A few years later a Burger King opened up across the street from said McDonald's.  Depending on if we were going to town or going home determined if we ate at McDs or BK because of the median. 

I remember one day asking Mom or Dad, I can't remember who I was with, if I could try a Whopper.  I know I did the same with McDs asking if I could try a Big Mac.  In my teenage years, I remember my parents telling me a story about me asking to try a whopper/big mac.  They said they knew I was growing when I was asking to eat more.

About that Google Map lookup I did... it appears that... since 1996 that particular area has grown.  I just remember a McDs and BK.  Now, there's a wal-mart, Kohl's, KFC, Game Stop, Starbucks, Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, and several hotels.  It looks like that place has grown up in the past 16 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment