30 July 2008

July 2008 Letter (repost)

Hello all!

It's been quite some time since I last wrote. I have no excuse for not writing.

I am currently still living in Cookeville working for TTU's Student Orientation. However, I am not giving tours like I did last summer. My official title is "Special Assistant to the Director". My "special job" is doing film work. I filmed and edited a short film for student orientation and I operate the sound equipment in the evenings. My boss, Dustin, purchased 3 High Definition Cameras and all the goodies that go with them including a MacPro and a BlueRay Disc burner. He wants me to put together a Documentary of the SOAR (Student Orientation and Registration) program. If you have never seen High Definition video, it is a sight to see!

I recently moved across Cookeville with two friends. I use to live with my cousin, Steven. He now has his own apartment and lives alone. I never realized how much stuff I have until I moved across town. Every now and then when I go home, I take some stuff home to reduce the clutter, haha.

To go to work, I ride my bike. With these gas prices, it seems logical. Especially when I live just 10 minutes biking distance from the school.

The scorplings are growing. I feed them once a week and it is carnage when I throw about a dozen small crickets in their enclosure. They are in their 3rd instar, or 3rd molting stage. They will go through about six or seven molting stages and will live between 5 and 10 years. In case you didn't know, all scorpions glow green/blue under a black light and the babies are starting to glow under the black light. Even the fossilized remains of ancient scorpions still glow. Mom doesn't like the idea of me bringing back 13 scorpions.

On August 4th, I will be moving back home with Mom. I will still have to finish editing the documentary, but I will still be getting paid for my work. I will be looking for a job in the Chattanooga area. My original plans were to go where ever the job takes me. However, with Dad gone, I want to stay home for a while and help Mom out. Not to mention that I'll save some money for a while at least. Also, Volkswagen has decided to build a plant in Chattanooga. I'm keeping tabs on when they are hiring. Who knows, maybe I'll be driving a VW around, haha.

Mom has paid off the house and paid off my car. My car is coated with some kind of protective coating that is supposed to last five years. I remember telling my Dad that and he asked "Do you think you'll keep your car that long?"

Other than the film documentary, I am helping one of my friends, Kristen, record some songs that she has written. We played at an Open-Mic-Night here in Cookeville. She met some people and got a offer to play at a Habitat for Humanity concert in September. She accepted and I'm helping her get an album together before her gig and to also create a Myspace Music account for her. So, in some regards, I am her agent/mananger/publicist, etc. I just have to think of a name for my record company...

Last week, I played golf with my cousin Steven. I took my Dad's clubs for a round of golf. Everynow and then, when I have time, I plan to take them for a round at my Dad's favorite place to golf: Fall Creek Falls.

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment