24 December 2008

Merry Christmas to all! (Repost from old blog)

Merry Christmas to all!

…and happy holidays! Whatever it is you celebrate, may your days be merry and bright!

This is my first Christmas without my Dad (He passed away last February). I am okay though. He was a simple man. He only wanted simple things for Christmas. I remember when we lived in Arizona, he only wanted socks and underwear. I cannot remember when I started to give him a golfball with my scribbles on it, but in his last years of life, all he wanted was a golfball from me and a yearly picture of me. I can remember him complaining when he would get something that he didn’t really need. Sometimes I would feel frustrated, but no matter what he was my Dad and I loved him.

I did not really want to ask anything for Christmas, but Mom requested a list from me, so I made a small one and sent it via Amazon.com. I did the same with Dad.

I did not decorate the house this year. Mostly because we were in Argentina for a majority of December. Our hostess in Argentina, Pat, has two kids and I helped them pull down their Christmas decor from the attic and put up their tree. So, I still got to put up a tree this year.

Another thing is that Dad bought me a watch, or clock, every Christmas. So, I will buy me a watch every year unless I receive one.

But all in all, Christmas is wonderful because I have family and friends that love me and I still have a roof over my head.

Well, I’m off to watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. It was my Dad’s favorite Christmas movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment