30 November 2008

Thanksgiving (repost from old blog)

Well, Thanksgiving was pleasant even though it was my first Thanksgiving without my Dad (he passed away in February). So it was my duty to make the pumpkin pies (or is it punkin pie). We had Turkey Day at my uncle’s house. I’ve made pie crust before but for some reason I had trouble this time around. The crust just crumbled apart when I was trying to place it in the pie pan. I tried to recover it but nothing worked so I had to start over. No big deal though. Plus I didn’t have any ground cloves. I haven’t the slightest clue on why we didn’t have any. I only use them in pumpkin pies and we had plenty left (I assume).

Nevertheless, it was a good feast. We all read the paper looking at advertisements and deals. We found plenty of deals but nothing really that we needed. It’s funny how as you grow up, the toys you want are more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment