09 November 2009

November's Letter

November's Letter

Well, October went by fast. Not much to report on other than I finished painting…the walls at least. I still have some window trim and my bathroom trim to paint. Now to clean the garage and keep going through all our stuff that has accumulated over the years.

I donated all my late Dad's suits and trousers to the Men's Wearhouse National Suit Drive. I tried every single one of his suits and trousers seeing if any of them would fit. Only two out of the twelve items fit well on me.

My cousin, Reuben, came up to help around with the house. However, duties were cut short when Mom hurt her back by doing a little too much work. She is supposed to rest for two weeks (at the time of this writing, she is feeling much better now). We kept trying to stain the front door but the weather did not really cooperate.

I went to a rock concert the last Tuesday of October. I was supposed to take my friend, Helen, but she became ill and could not go. My aforementioned cousin, Reuben, was here so I asked if he wanted to go. It turns out, that every concert that he has attempted to attend, something occurred that prevented him from attending. So, this was his chance to go. We saw the band Paramore (And yes, I know what paramour means). They are a band from Franklin, TN. I did not realize that the tickets I purchased were General Admission. Which means that we were on the floor right in front of the stage. We were approximately 30ft from the stage. There were two opening bands and then Paramore played. People jumped during the concert and it felt like the floor was going to cave in. Paramore did great, but the sound man did not know what he was doing. The sound was not mixed very well. But it was fun and my cousin's first concert. Speaking of concerts, I've been to about ten (10). Including concertos, operas, and rock bands.

On a similar note, I remember listening to some soft rock/pop and Dad asked what the name of the band was. They were called Savage Garden. Dad commented that you cannot judge a band by their name. He also told me one day that the band Barenaked Ladies played on the NBC Morning Show. Mom commented that there was not even a girl in their band.

In one of my previous letters, I mentioned that I have been watching TV shows on the internet. There is one problem in common when watching TV shows on a normal TV or on the internet: The advertisements are still louder than the actual show. Yay.

So, I was ill for two days. Slight fever, aches, chills. I had gastroenteritis; otherwise known as "stomach flu". Although, that name is a misnomer for it does not affect the stomach nor is it influenza. But rather it attacks the cells of the small intestine. I will spare you the details on what happens when your small intestine is damaged but I had to stick to a liquid diet for two weeks and avoid dairy. At least I could eat toast. I believe I contracted this illness due to food poisoning at a local Huddle House.

I find it strange that in winter I wear more dark clothes and in summer I wear lighter clothes. 'Lighter' as in shade, not weight.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment