22 January 2010

Ten Years of Service



For the most part, I am the type of person who wear something until it just isn't presentable or just falling apart. I still have hand-me-down clothes that my parents have worn; that means those clothes could be older (or old as) me!

But in this particular case, this was a special article of clothing. In the year 2000, I went on a church trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama. It was my first trip away from home sans my parents. As I watched the terrain, I was amazed how the mountains had disappeared and everything was flat. I cannot recall when I noticed that I forgot to pack a pair of sandals!

I remember stopping by a wal-mart so everyone could grab last minute items before we arrived to the camp location. I definitely bought me a pair of sandals...for $1.99. It was the best 1.99 that I had ever spent.

I knew these sandals were deteriorating and that the strap would soon break away from the sole. It finally did, when I tripped and the sole caught on to something and ripped the strap away.

Now either bring me the duct tape! Or it is time to retire these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment