14 January 2010

Wedding Etiquette


Rant

A friend of mine got married and I attended the wedding (and briefly the reception, which was fancy by the way). The bride and groom and the wedding officiant at the podium was well microhponed. No matter how good someone is microphoned, the shrill cry of a baby resonating throughout the stone floor and brick walls will always overpower the sound system.

I believe that small children and babies should not be brought to a wedding. Either do not bring them or they should have a nursery at the wedding.

I cannot remember, but I think a cell phone went off too. But cell phone etiquette is another blog.

As far as cameras with flash, it is up to the bride and groom. Usually the photographer gets dibs on taking pictures but it is always up to the wedding couple. I have been to weddings where it was like a red carpet event. Flashes everywhere.

As for my wedding, I do not want any flash photography from anyone except for the paid photographer and no young children or babies. I will have bouncers to enforce the request. But I am in jest. I will cross that bridge when I reach that destination. I will probably end up embarrassing myself by pausing the wedding to tell someone to take their baby outside, turn off their cell phones, or to turn off their flash. HA.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. Wedding etiquette is a significant item to consider when attending the big event. Using loud and harsh tones in the event is a bad manners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally have like, a roided out baby that bounces the other babies out. Also develop a pinpoint accurate emp device so that you can knock their cell phones out as they walk in the door. Come on David, you're an engineer you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Robby...You can get Stewie from Family Guy to do it....I think he becomes roided out.....

    ReplyDelete