02 April 2011

Valentine's Days

Feb 14
I made shrimp scampi for Dorothy.  However, the fire alarm sounded so I had to abandon cooking for a moment.   I went outside with a few other tenants.  The guard spoke on the radio and some tenants from my building went back inside so I followed.  I guess it was an accident or malfunction.

I bought three gifts for Dorothy and gave them to her one at a time. First I sat the bunny basket on the table prior to her arrival.

The bunny, roses, and candle


We ate the shrimp scampi but I put much pasta in it. However, we ended up eating it all.

Then I gave her the chocolates. The kisses chocolate wtih almonds was the first candy I ever gave her.
almonds encased in a teardrop shape of chocolate

She washed the dishes, although I told her not to but she insisted.   I helped a little but before she was done I snuck off to get her third gift.   A necklace.  Two hearts, a large heart containing a smaller heart with a diamond cubic zirconia in the middle.

Shiny

She liked them all

March 14
In Asia, March 14 is a response to Valentine's Day. I'm not sure if it has a name, but this time the women give gifts to the men.


Waiting for the bus

I wanted to go to Cafe Flore, a somewhat romantically lit cafe. It has red walls, dim lighting, and really good food.  Including an unusual but delicious dish that is garlic bread topped with mashed potatoes and ham. Best. Thing. Ever.

After dinner, we ordered the ice cream for two. It was actually very sweet and very huge. It had four cookie straws, whip cream, chocolate ice cream, four Oreos (real Oreos not fake ones), more whip cream, six squares of chocolate wafers, and more chocolate ice cream. It will cure any sweet tooth as well as rot one.


Chocolate overload

She gave me a unique hybrid of the superman symbol and spider-man . I think it's pretty cool.


Super-Spider-Man-Symbiote

And then a duck.  You are probably wondering why she gave me a rubber ducky.  And no, I don't have a bath tub.

Our duck faces

Years ago, a random yellow rubber ducky showed up in the back of my dad's pickup truck.  We don't know where it came from nor who put it there, but it stayed there and traveled with him wherever he went.  So, this duck is for me, to go wherever I travel.


A note Dorothy wrote to me on the gift box


Other Gifts
I can't remember the exact day, but it was well after March 14. Dorothy showed up with a random gift. There's a picture from the Burnt Fortune Cookie blog of a gift that Dorothy gave me. Well, she slapped that picture on a shirt and gave it to me. My dad used to do that; pick pictures or phrases and put them on a t-shirt; it was fun.


So, this a picture of me wearing a shirt, that Dorothy gave to me, with a picture that I took of a gift that Dorothy gave me, Superbunny.  [confused]

No comments:

Post a Comment