30 July 2011

Cheers to the future!

I knew it was inevitable, but I didn't think it would happen this soon.  We're growing up.  Although, to me, we never grow up, we just have more responsibilities. 

My best friend, my roommate, my cousin is moving out and moving in with his fiancee.  I have mixed feelings.  So proud to see him with his happiness. So sad to be alone for awhile.  I don't mean to sound arrogant, but in a strange way, I helped him find his happiness.  It was my purpose to help him along the way.

I ran into this random guy at a random restaurant who knew a not so random guy who was looking for teachers.  Unfortunately, they only needed one.  I let him, my cousin, have the position because I knew he has obligations back home.  

I, maybe not so randomly, met this guy who knew this girl looking for a teacher who had a neighbor moving out.  We were looking for an apartment. Tada, we found a great apartment. 

Directly beneath that apartment, a training centre opened up.  I finally got the courage to go in and talk to the owner.  Soon she held an event where I met many people.  My cousin and I attended.  That there is where the magic happened.  Our future forever changed (or perhaps it was forever changed when we stepped foot on that jet plane).  The love of my life was there and the love of my cousin's life was there, but of course, we didn't know that at the time.

The train rolled on and a close gathering of friends started hanging out.  Things reminiscent of high school occurred and D and I are together as well as L and L.

Giddy to see him on the day of his proposal.  It felt great to be part of a life changing experience.

A little bit exasperated he has been with the culture difference, but in the end it has worked out just fine.

Only I worry about the financial difficulties that he will face.  Several times, I've offered to help with his budget since I was treasurer of my fraternity, but he neglected to respond.  Ist it my business to remind him of his duties. Or is it none of my business.

He follows his heart.

Logic will always break my heart.

Nevertheless, I digress to say, onward journey for the rest of your life.  To you, much I wish you two happiness! You deserve it for it has been long awaited.


No comments:

Post a Comment