17 April 2009

Spring Cleaning


Photo caption: Dad and I, err mostly Dad, putting together my Knight Rider Kitt car.

Here lately I have been going through everything in the house. I have started with my stuff; My toys and stuff in my room. This includes hard drives; I am cleaning them up and organizing the data. I have found many old letters of the past. It seems like yesterday but it was so long ago. I have found letters from the high school years and I could probably write a drama from them. I have found letters from old crushes and letters from friends. It is amazing how time flies by. My senior and junior year prom dates are now married (not to each other) and have kids and a girl I dated is married with kids.

I never realized how much stuff I have until I start going through it all. For the most part, I am cataloging everything I put into a box. So far I have eleven boxes of old toys. I want to sell them but not until I am in my 50's.

It is strange to see pictures of my old high school classmates married and with kids. I still feel like we are still kids. I will always feel like a kid. Even when I am an old man, I will still be a kid. The truth is, we are all kids. No matter how old we are, how much responsibility we have, or what our job is, we will always be a kid. Or at least, that is how I feel about it. My Dad was a big kid. I enjoyed seeing him with his friends just laughing and having a good time. I hope he is with his mother, father, and brother, Jerome, having a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment